Monday, August 17, 2009

Mustard Greens and breathing

I'm pretty sure that rather than easing into this new life.....I jumped in fully clothed. Think I may have put my family into shock.

I've been thinking and decided to slow it down a bit and take a breath now and then.
I cannot change the world, I cannot protect my family every second of the day, I cannot go on battling everything I feel stongly about every waking moment.

I'm going to slow it down just a bit and enjoy those simple things that were always just out of my grasp.


As for eating healthy that won't change :)
Last night I made mustard greens and they were absolutely delicious.
My kiddos even said they were "the best ever"

Here's what I did
Large bunch of greens
2 large cloves of garlic chopped
2 leeks from my garden
2 small shallots from my garden
2 small crookneck sqaush from my garden ;)
4 small green onions from my garden
salt
olive oil

Wash the greens well. Rip out the center stems.
Toss into a pan with the oil, add onions, leeks, shallots.
Cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic and squash, salt to taste. Cook a few minutes more.
The greens will be just that, bright green.
I tossed them into a pan with some pad thai rice noodles.
Amazing. YUM.

Now if my tomatoes would just ripen up ......

My friend took this pic a while back, lol...it just reminds me of how I feel about gas prices. My hubby refused to take a drive with me to Joanns yesterday for thread. The gas was much more than the thread.


Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment