Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Down and out

The flu has hit us hard. I'm trying to clear it out of the house, but it's a vicious cycle.

I'm ill again. There were a handful of days when I wasn't ill and then I was slammed back down.

The kids are all well. Hubby went back to work today.

I've been making soups and stews. Sadly there was a bit of tragedy in our week.
While out in the garden helping mama pull leeks, my little girlie girl stumbled upon one of the little fawns who we've seen eating from the garden and lounging around in our yard. There is a buck, a doe and two fawns. We are thinking that this little one found it's way into the garden and then died of thirst when it couldn't find the way back out. Poor little thing.

It was a sad day indeed.

This afternoon I saw the doe and the other fawn standing out near the garden. They just looked at me and for once I didn't run for my camera.

Things truly are going well. We will get past this illness and look forward to the holiday season and all the creativity it entails.

As I've been in bed I have been finishing my embroidery swap project. At one point disaster struck in the form of my children and some extra super duper buttery popcorn misplaced upon mama's project. Thank goodness I was able to come up with a new idea.
I will be sending along extras to my partner to make up for the lack of creativity.

I'm sorry to have no pictures for you today.
Wow...I should get an award for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzz

On a good note some BIG things are happening for us.

:)

Here are photos of a couple of things I purchased for myself a year or two ago to make myself feel better. I think I need to do some shopping.
What do I need these days?




1 comment:

  1. Oh, Miss Amy,

    What a mix of good and bad. It should just be against the rules for Mama's to be sick. it just does not work! We have a possible knitting meet up happening on Sunday, so you simply must get well son.

    Super cute shoes!

    And BIG changes... are they as as big a a house?

    ReplyDelete