Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Living and remembering a gypsy life

It's been quiet here, I know.
So much has been happening around me. It's seems as if lately life has been a flurry of activity.
Not good, not necessarily bad.
A birthday came and went.
I've always been an overthinker. I analyze and stress over whatever it may be at the moment. I'm trying to make major life changes.
Therefore.....I've been doing just that....doing.
Rather than thinking and researching, reading and concentrating, I just threw caution to the wind and I've been doing.

We've been spending more quality time as a family.
I'm considering school and I'm making changes within myself.

Here are the things I do know.
I want to farm. Growing things brings me the greatest joy.
Consumer is not what I want to be known as when I die.
Photography makes me happy.
Sewing gives me satisfaction.
My family is the light of my life.

I've been reading the books of Juliette de Bairacli Levy.
She seems to me to be an old friend.

There was once a time in my life when my friends and family would not have recognized me. There was a life I used to know that seems to never have been at all.
I lived on the banks of the columbia river. No house, no electricity, no running water. It was a primitive life. Aside from the time spent with my children, it was the happiest time of my life :)
A blogpost on that life will soon follow. I need to listen to my heart for a bit and remember things exactly as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment