Monday, September 7, 2009

Balance

Finding balance here tonight.
There has been this struggle taking place inside of me.
I read blogs....love many of them and kept asking myself why my life couldn't be more like theirs.

Think I've figured it out. It's about balance.
Yes I would like a calm serene family setting.

To find my kiddos lounging around playing with their waldorf toys...reading...talking...laughing...
Heres my reality check.

I have five kids. 5. 12345

It's just not going to happen.

The two teens came into my house already set in their own ways.
Selfish, angry, snotty, uppity, know-it-all ways :)
The little ones have been learning from them.



I'm working on changing all of that. It's my mission.

I found my balance here, or rather realised it was already in existence.
I'm face down on the massage table and my therapist says to me...
"Amy, I think you have a wonderful life. You've got it all under control. When you come in you always have fun stories to share and you laugh often when you're telling them. Yep...I think you've got something special"

It dawned on me right then.
Everything is going to be ok.
We are not perfect.
There are wrestling screaming tickling fighting biting scratching name calling events that take place in my house.
And it's ok.

Oh and hey....we all kiss and say I love you at bedtime...all is forgiven.










3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - goofed that post! LOL I was saying...a mom needs to breathe very deeply sometimes and take a new perspective. So many trying days make it hard to see the picture we want to see.

    Oh and I love that snuggle pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often forget that part. I've little to no time for friends and certainly none for myself.
    I'm going to make some time.
    Perhaps this is why my mind panics when I'm absolutely alone. I have no idea what to do with myself. Now I shall just breathe :)
    Can I get that tattooed on my forehead?
    Thank you for the kind words...always.

    ReplyDelete