Friday, April 10, 2009

On finding my love of cooking

For a few years I was lost. The me I knew. She stumbled and fell and it was like that old commercial....you know..come on...."I've fallen and I can't get up"

Yes I am so an 80's, early 90's child. I still say some of those uncool words too and I'm not going to tell you what they are cause that would be like so bogus and I don't want to like gag you with a spoon or anything.

I was sick and I refused to do anything..oh and I wanted everyone to help me and give me advice but I had a hundred and one excuses why I couldn't do anything.

I stopped baking and cooking. My husband went into shock, lol, ok not really...but he wasn't a happy camper.

Well anyway long(old)story short....I am cooking and baking up a storm these days.

I've found my groove.

As I should have been all along, I'm teaching the kids to make all of the things my grandad, great gramma, and mom taught me to make.

This was our latest adventure in cooking.

Homemade chicken egg noodle soup.




I promise no chickens were harmed in the making of this soup.
Well...none belonging to us anyway, lol.


We considered buying some broiler chickens, but we all agreed that not one of us is man enough to do the dirty work..... ;) Besides...we cuddle our chickens too much to consider them dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment